In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
~ John Muir
Owl's Hill provides a protected home for the more than 2,000 species of local flora and fauna that thrive in the hills, forests, creek, ponds and meadows of our 160-acre nature sanctuary. We’re a special place for visitors of all ages to explore the great outdoors, learn about native Tennessee wildlife and connect with nature.
We rely on gifts to our Annual Fund and nature-loving donors who generously provide mission-vital funding to:
- Protect and restore fragile plant and wildlife habitats
- Share the wonderment of nature with thousands of school children, teachers, scouts and families each year
- Maintain and improve our nature trails
- Provide low-cost field trip programming
- Fill the feeding stations around the Visitor Center
- Provide and maintain Bluebird nest boxes as part of an ongoing national research program
- Offer year-round public programming for visitors of all ages
- Provide food and care for our non-releasable owls and other Wildlife Ambassadors
- Help eradicate invasive plant species
If nature matters to you, please make a gift today. Every gift — large or small — directly impacts the plants, the wildlife and the ecology of Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary.