October 3-4, 2020. . .OPEN NOW!
Junior Scouts: Earn your Animal Habitats badge while camping out at Owl's Hill Nature Sanctuary!
Cost: $30/scout; $15/adult;
Minimum participants: 30 scouts | Maximum participants: 50 scouts
Registration Deadline: October 1
Join us at Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary for a wild evening learning about native animals. This overnight experience is for Junior Girl Scouts to earn the Animal Habitat Badge. Scouts bring and spend the night in their own tents. Enjoy an evening under the stars and listen to the soothing sounds of nocturnal wildlife in their native habitat.
Station–Create an A Toad Abode
Girls will decorate a special home to attract toads
Station--Explore endangered animals, plants & habitats
Girls will learn about different endangered species in Tennessee
Girls will learn about native animals with a live animal presentation
Station-Find Out about Wild Animals
Girls will observe wild animals in their natural habitat using binoculars & field guides
Station –Investigate an Animal Habitat Hike
Girls will learn about different habitats of Tennessee and the animals that call it home
Saturday night check-in starting at 5 pm; program starts at 6 pm. Check-out is 8:30 am Sunday morning. Participants may bring a picnic dinner to eat before program starts. This is a rain or shine event.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- REFUND POLICY: There are no refunds on programs. If you cannot attend, however, you may receive credit for your purchase amount toward a different program within 90 days.
- CANCELLATION: Classes are rain or shine. We will, however, cancel class if Williamson County is under a severe weather warning issued by the National Weather Service. Participants will be notified of cancellations by email. If a class is cancelled, you will receive a credit toward a future class.
FOR STUDENT, INSTRUCTOR AND STAFF SAFETY:
- Please DON'T sign-up if you’re sick, do not feel well or were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Please DO practice social distancing while on-site. Maintain at least six feet of separation between you and others.
- Restrooms. The Visitor Center is currently closed to the public. Our outdoor portable toilets each have hand sanitizers inside and we've added an outside hand washing station.
- Face Covering. We ask that you bring a mask or face covering and wear it during class.
- Please bring extra water. We will not have a communal water cooler.
- Insect repellant and sunscreen is recommended.