Groups of home school students are welcome to register for field trip programs offered. Advance registration is required and all fees must be paid in advance to confirm your spot. Registration closes 24 hours prior to program day. Morning programs may be followed by lunch or a snack in our orchard picnic area at no additional charge. Please note: we are a carry-in/carry-out facility. Groups using the orchard picnic area must bring a trash bag to remove your trash.
May 13, 2020
Session 1/10am: Meet An Owl
Meet our non-releasable education owls and discover the varied habitats and adaptations of native owls. Owl Pellet Dissection activity option (in lieu of the guided hike) - additional $3/student material fee.
Session 2/1:30pm: Reptile Discovery
Learn about reptiles. Participants will meet a reptile to learn about characteristics, diet, eggs, and adaptations.
Limit 35 participants per session
Programs begin promptly at 10 am and 1:30 pm. Late arrivals may result in reduction of programming. If you are bringing babies or small children, be aware that our trails are not designed for stroller, wagons or bikes; your child will have to walk or be carried.
- Dress for the weather. Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes suitable for trail hiking.
- Bring a water bottle, bug spray and sunscreen.
CHANGES & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Programs takes place rain or shine. Owl's Hill reserves the right to change or cancel a Home School Day in the event of inclement weather.
- Changing Program Days with fewer than 7 days notice will be subject to $20 change fee.
- Groups cancelling with 8 or more days notice will be subject to 20% administrative fee or $75 (whichever is greater) PLUS material/lab fees, if any.
- "No Shows" and groups cancelling with 7 or fewer days notice are responsible for the full cost of field trip.