With 300 acres to maintain, Owl’s Hill relies on the generous support of volunteers. Our devoted volunteers play an essential role in fulfilling our core mission work here at Owl's Hill Nature Sanctuary.
Volunteers serve in many capacities from visitor services and trained Trail Guides to gardening, trail maintenance and special event help. Regardless of whether you have an hour or many hours...weekly, monthly or once in a while...we will help you find the perfect opportunity that matches your schedule, talents and interests.
Reasons to volunteer at Owl's Hill:
- To spend some time in the great outdoors
- To share and inspire others with your love of nature
- To add to your knowledge base of Tennessee's nature history
- To have fun while making the world a better place
- To meet others with common interests
How can I help?
- Trail Guides: Trail Guides lead interpretative hikes for school field trips (week days) or public program days (Saturdays).
- Gardeners & Weed Warriors: help maintain various flower gardens; remove invasive plant species and weeds. Help build, rebuild and maintain trails.
- Administrative - General Office: assist in the Visitor Center with a variety of tasks that may include data entry, answering the phone, assisting Day Pass visitors, assisting with large-scale mailings, preparing field trip packets and other special projects.
- Special Events: Assist with organizing and event-day activities with events such as like Owl Day, guided hike days, Dinner in the Forest and birthday parties
- Citizen Science Research: help with annual bird counts and butterfly counts.
- Group Projects: Have a group of 10 or more? We can coordinate projects for your group - trail maintenance, garden installations, cleanup projects, invasive species removal - you can make a difference at Owl's Hill.
How do I apply?
Already an Owl's Hill Volunteer?
Login below to see our current volunteer opportunity openings.