Owl’s Hill cannot exist without the tremendous support of over 575 volunteers each year. Our devoted volunteers play an essential role in fulfilling our Mission here at Owl's Hill Nature Sanctuary.
We have a dedicated full-time and part-time staff, but we are fortunate to have a strong, active volunteer staff serving in many capacities from office work to trail guides or at special events. You can volunteer once a week, once a month or once a year. We will help you find the perfect opportunity that matches your time and talents.
- Share and inspire others with your love of nature
- Enhance your knowledge of nature history and hone your public speaking skills
- Have fun while making the world a better place
- Meet others with common interests
Volunteers must meet/complete the following requirements:
- Complete volunteer application & training
- Possess good people skills
- Provide own transportation
"Where can I help?"
- Trail Guides: trail guides lead pre-developed interpretative hikes for school children and visitors of all ages on guided hikes on Free Hike Days or other events.
- Gardeners, Weed Warriors: Help maintain various flower gardens; remove invasive plant species and weeds. Help build or rebuild trails.
- Administrative - General Office: assist in the office with data entry, answering the phone, filing and staff project support.
- Special Events: Assist with organizing and on-site assistance with events like Owl's Day, Enchanted Forest, Fairyland and Birthday parties
- Group Projects: Have a group of 10 or more? We can coordinate projects for your group - forest stewardship, cleanup projects, invasive species removal - you can make a difference in the community.
"How do I Apply?"
Please complete the Volunteer Application Form. The program coordinator will be in touch within 2-3 days.
"Are there general volunteer days coming up?"
A good place to start is to check out our Calendar. There are usually a few different opportunities available.