Owl's Hill has curriculum-aligned nature and environmental programs for all ages. Our programs can be adapted to focus on your curriculum needs. Each class is assigned a trained Trail Guide and programs are typically 90 minutes long. Visit the Programs by Grade page to find the right program for your students.
Don't see a program you like? Ask us and we can design a program for your group's needs.
Can't make it out to the sanctuary? Our Nature Comes Calling programs are designed to bring nature into the classroom or school grounds. Visit our Nature Comes Calling page to find out more.
All programs, except for Autumn Nature Adventure are $5 per student with a $50/minimum per class. Teachers and one (1) adult chaperone per 15 students are free. Additional adults and children over three (3) years old are $5 per person, if prepaid with school reservation; $6 day of field trip.
Autumn Nature Adventure is $9 per student and chaperone with a $100/minimum per class. For this program, full fee for both students and chaperones must be paid in advance. No refunds.
Below you will find helpful information to assist you with planning a field trip to the sanctuary:
- Because of our status as a private nature sanctuary, Owl's Hill is open by reservation only.
- Classes of more than 25 may be divided to enhance student learning.
- A deposit is required in advance. The balance is due on arrival the day of the program.
- Deposit is refunded only in the event of school closing or severe weather.
- If cancellation is necessary for other reasons, we will reschedule the program if notified 24 hours in advance.
- Except for Autumn Nature Adventure, deposits can be applied to any other program during the school year.
- Rescheduled programs are not eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
- PLEASE NOTE: Parking is extremely limited. Carpooling is encouraged.
Owl's Hill Programs & Tennessee State Standards