Owls Hill Nature Sanctuary provides a variety of environmental education programs for students and teachers. Student experience truly unique programs that include hiking through a variety of habitats. Students will learn the stories of the non-releasable owls and why they are here.
With nature as the classroom, our goal is provide students with a greater awareness for and deeper understanding of nature and its relevance in our lives. All programs align with state standards.
The Orchard is available to school groups, free of charge, who bring a picnic lunch. Our Orchard area includes picnic tables and a dedicated porta-potty. Schools are required to carry-out all trash as Owl’s Hill does not provide trash service. Please note: there is no indoor space for a picnic lunch during inclement weather.
Programs are 90 minutes, $5 per students with $50 minimum. Teachers and one adult chaperone per class are free. Additional adults and children over three years old are $5 if prepaid to teacher BEFORE program or $6 cash or check only day of field trip. Please advise parents to carpool. We have very limited parking for vehicles.
**Special Seasonal Program- October Only-Autumn Nature Adventure with Pick your Own Pumpkin**
$10 per student/adult chaperone
Cancellation and Rescheduling
- We are a rain or shine facility. Please dress appropriately. In the event of severe weather and school closings we will reschedule and /or issue a refund.
- Remember, you will be outside – dress for the weather! Wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe, walking shoes that could get dirty.
- Wash clothes before re-wearing to remove “hitchhikers” and oil from poison ivy.
Bug Repellent and Sunscreen
- We recommend bug repellent for all programs from April 1 to Oct. 1.
- Use sunscreen as appropriate.
- Check for ticks after the program.
Please review with students: our guidelines are in place to provide a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone. Remind your students that this is a nature sanctuary that protects the plants and animals that live here.
- This is the home of plants and animals. Please don’t pick plants, break branches, or throw things into the ponds.
- Do not collect and remove any objects from the Sanctuary
- During the hike, be respectful of the Trail Guide. Stay behind the Trail Guide, stay together and stay on the trails.
- To see more wildlife, use your sneaky feet and voices!
- Be a good guest - leave only footprints, take only memories.
Nature Comes Calling
Invite nature to your classroom! Our Nature Comes Calling outreach program are educational and interactive. We provide programming for all ages including schools, libraries, senior centers, scouts, day cares and other community organizations. Each program offers educational content, live animal interaction and animal biofacts. Programs are 45 minutes. Facilities over 20 miles pay round trip mileage.
$100 for 1st program, $75 for a second program scheduled for same visit either concurrently or back to back.
Maximum group size for classrooms: 40 students.
For larger groups we offer assembly programs at $200
Animal Life Cycles