Owls Hill Nature Sanctuary provides a variety of environmental education programs for students and teachers. Student experience truly unique programs that include a guided hiking through a variety of habitats. Students will visit our non-releasable owls, learn about their species and why they call Owl's Hill home.
With nature as the classroom, our goal is provide students with a greater awareness for and deeper understanding of nature and its relevance in our lives. All programs align with state standards.
Field Trip programming available Tuesday - Friday only.
PRICING (includes admission and program): Programs are approximately 60 minutes (including guided nature hike). Field trip minimum is 15 students.
- Students (and additional adults and siblings 3+ years of age) are $5 each IF prepaid to the school. Additional material or lab fee may apply to some programs.
- Class Teacher and one adult chaperone per class are FREE.
- One payment for the balance is due upon arrival.
- Additional adults and siblings 3+ years of age not included in group payment are $6 each the day of the field trip.
- A minimum fee of $75 applies for each confirmed field trip and is subject to our cancellation policy (see below).
PICNIC LUNCH: The Orchard is available to school groups, free of charge, who bring a picnic lunch. Picnic time is 30 minutes. The Orchard area includes picnic tables and a dedicated porta-potty. Schools are required to carry-out all trash; Owl’s Hill does not provide trash service. Please note: Indoor space for a picnic lunch is not available during inclement weather.
CONFIRMATION: Teacher will receive a Field Trip Confirmation, along with an Invoice and Teacher's Pre-Visit Packet, by email when your field trip is on our calendar. If you do not receive a confirmation email; the trip is not scheduled. Depending on your selected program, a nonrefundable material or lab fee deposit may be required. Failure to send this deposit may result in the loss of your preferred date and time.
FIELD TRIP CHANGES & CANCELLATION POLICY: If you must cancel or change your field trip plans please let us know as soon as possible. We will make every possible attempt to reschedule trips cancelled because of weather. Late arrivals may result in reduction of field trip programming.
- Cancellations or rescheduled trips due to severe weather that closes or delays school will not result in a fee.
- Field trips rescheduled with fewer than 14 days notice will be subject to a $20 change fee.
- Groups cancelling with 14 or more days notice will be subject to a $35 administrative fee.
- "No Shows" and groups cancelling with fewer than 14 days notice will be subject to $75 fee.
- Materials and Lab fees are nonrefundable
- Rescheduled field trips must occur before Sept. 30, 2019.
QUESTIONS? Call us at 615-370-4672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a Title 1 school? We may have scholarship funds available through our OPEN GATE program.
All prices subject to change without notice.