Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary
Seasonal Camp Instructor Job Description
Owl’s Hill is seeking responsible individuals to serve as Camp Instructors for a summer day camp program for youths focusing on animals, conservation and the environment. Applicants must be available Monday-Friday, June 4 – July 27, 2018.
Benefits of the Position: Gain leadership skills, learn about wildlife careers, gain experience working with youth, gain valuable knowledge of native plants and animals, and learn activity planning skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility of the safety of campers.
- Follow Owl's Hill objectives, rules, policies and guidelines.
- Instruct curriculum utilizing age-appropriate lessons, activities, crafts, hikes & games.
- Serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Create a positive environment that encourages active learning for campers.
- Communicate with other instructors and Owl's Hill staff on supplies and materials
**Other duties as assigned. **
- Ability to follow written & oral instructions.
- Must work well without direct supervision.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have a desire to work with children.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Previous summer camp instructor experience is desired.
- Experience conducting educational programming is desired.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Interest in Education, Biology, Zoology or other environmentally related major
- Complete application form and pass a background check
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Be interviewed
- Attend mandatory training May 31 & June 1, 2018
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to walk for long periods of time, bend down and ambulate quickly.
Email cover letter and resume to the Director of Education: firstname.lastname@example.org